Your home appliances are prone to breakdowns and failures. There will come numerous instances throughout their useful lives where an appliance may require repairs to work properly. However, affording the appliance repairs individually can be a huge cost to the homeowners. On the other hand, home appliance warranty services offered by home warranty providers provide an effective option to cover the costs of appliance repairs. Home warranties for appliances are of different types and may involve different terms. In this article, we will consider whether buying a home appliance cover is a worthy purchase.
What does an appliance guarantee appliance do?
All your appliances have sophisticated systems that may get damaged due to constant use or wear and tear. As such, the appliances may require repairs or replacements frequently. The costs of these repairs can be immense. Additionally, you would have the added difficulty of finding the right technician with the necessary experience to handle the repairs. On the other hand, opting for a home warranty offering appliance covers solves these issues. For a steady monthly payment, you get hassle-free repair services at lower costs than paying for each repair individually. The appliance warranty plan covers the repairmen of malfunctioning appliances.
The usual costs of the plan may range between 200 to 700 USD, paid either monthly or annually. Also, every time you make a service call, a small call fee will be charged. This fee can be anywhere between 50 to 125 USD.
Benefits of home warranty for appliances
There are many benefits of a home warranty for appliances. First, the warranty providers have an extensive network of contractors, technicians, and experts in most areas who have the necessary experience to handle most repairing tasks professionally. This way, you do not have to take the added burden of finding the right technician. Instead, you get quality services arranged by the home appliance warranty provider. Just file a claim, and the technician will be at your doorstep to handle the situation.
Additionally, you get the facility of 24/7 customer support. If you need any help, call the home appliance warranty provider. Their team will guide you through the process of getting the best repair services for your appliances.
Moreover, the appliance warranty policies offer different options. You can transfer, refund, or cancel your policy easily. In some instances, you may opt for flexible appliance warranty programs as well.
Best home warranty for appliance providers
Currently, the following home warranty providers guarantee appliance covers:
- American Home Shield covers most of your appliances, including your built-in oven and free-standing ice makers. The maximum allowance per appliance is 3000 USD per year. The firm has a strong contractor network, ensuring the best services in most areas.
- The Home Service Club offers two separate plans for a home appliance warranty. Both plans, i.e., Standard Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage plan, offer different levels of coverage for a range of home appliances. The Comprehensive Coverage plan covers not only your appliances but also many different home systems as well.
- ServicePlus Home Warranty offers a Gold and Platinum package that covers your home appliances. The platinum package covers a few systems as well. The best part is their 24/7 customer service.
Problems related to home appliance covers
There are certain problems associated with getting a home warranty for appliances:
- The home warranty provider may have a weak connection with contractors. As a result, they may not be able to offer prompt services. In certain cases, they may lack good technicians for certain appliances, which may cause damage to the appliance.
- The services offered by a manufacturer’s warranty are more sophisticated than those performed by any third-party technician. Also, the manufacturer’s warranty usually does not involve service call fees and may have lower premium rates.
- If most of your appliances are from a single manufacturer, it is preferable to opt for a manufacturer-based warranty.
- A home warranty may be costly if you have only a limited number of appliances or the home warranty does not cover most of your appliances.
Getting a warranty may also mean excessive payments with no benefit if you do not face an appliance breakdown. In such cases, the premium is a non-refundable expense with no benefit.
Home warranties can help reduce the stress of appliance repairs if your appliances break down frequently or you own a considerable number of appliances. Consider your context before purchasing a home appliance warranty.